Multi Engine Rating
A multi engine rating is a qualification, which is required to fly an aircraft with more than one engine. It can be considered as an add-on for a pilot so that an improved aircraft performance can be experienced, which includes power, rate of climb, speed etc. For a pilot, management of an aircraft with multiple engines is both a rewarding and beatify job.
- The multi-engine rating is a badge of extension to the quality of a pilot who already has single-engine land private/commercial/ATP certification.
- For this specialised rating, the IFR and VFR ratings operations are given strong attention.
- For multi engine rating, time is not a deciding factor and rather an instructor endorsement for flight and ground training would be required before taking the check ride.
- To be qualified as a multi engine rating pilot, an oral exam and practical check ride has to be passed out. No written test required.
To get multi engine rating, a minimum of private pilot rating certificate is required. However, it is recommended to have commercial pilot license and instrument rating first as this will help to save a lot of money while training and would prove to be more sensible decision in learning stage also.
- The pilot needs to show a citizenship proof, which could be a passport, birth certificate, or a TSA approval.
- The pilot must be a single engine pilot already.
- The pilot must have current FAA medical certificate.
When you join TNC Aviation for Multi Engine training, the course module includes:
- Teaching the aerodynamic differences between an aircraft that has single engine and aircraft that has more than one engine. This includes providing know-how about passing instructions for a multi-engine check ride.
- The training is free from the time constraint, it is believed that pilots require at least 10 hours of flight training in order to achieve a proficiency in flying. At TNC, we ensure that the best practical knowledge is given to the trainees for excellent output at the end.
- Our courses are comprehensive and lay emphasis on both theoretical and practical knowledge of an individual.
The time taken to complete the training for multi-engine rating depends upon the schedule and learning potential of a student. If a student marks his attendance often and efficiently grasp the lessons, it is possible to complete the training in less time span. However, if everything goes smooth and good time investment is being done by the student in learning, it is possible to get the training done in two weeks (average time). So, if you want to be certified in this course by best trainers then, contact to TNC Aviation without any delay!
- Actual Flight Time: 15 Hours
- Simulator Time: 10 Hours
- Ground School: 25 Hours
Course duration is up to 15 days.
- The candidate must have a valid Commercial Pilot License.